Re: tar: Archive contains future timestamp 2013-09-09 00:10:39

Krzys Majewski <krzys@cs.mcgill.ca> writes:

> What's up with future timestamps, eg:
>
> tar: Archive contains future timestamp 2013-09-09 00:10:39
>
> I see  them sometimes, typically  in .netscape/cache/. If  I'm unlucky
> they have huuge file sizes and I have to debugfs them away..
> Where do these things come from and why?

I see the same when building a Packages file for my local archive.  I
haven't a clue as to which package is causing this.  BTW, this is for
a potato archive.  Hints anyone?

--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development