Re: Window Manager trouble/Thanks

Glenn Becker wrote:
> Basically, when I try to switch to any of the 'problematic' WMs, X just
> fails. Goes away. And I'm back at a console prompt. The only line in

  it looks like the WM dies (does not run or something similar). X often
hangs on window manger (it's the last program, not run in bg and if it
exits the X exits as well).

  try to run X only (might need to do it as root) and then run (from
command line) the window manager of choice (the one that cause X to
exit) and see what it says.

  use -display :0 option to startthe WM on X server 0, for examle:

  fvwm -display :0

	erik