*EASY* mail question

Hey,

I finally got a decent proxy server that supports POP
and SMTP, so now I want to have mail (w/ out going on
Yahoo!).  Anyway, I have Mozilla set up so that it can
send and receive messages through the proxy, but
mozilla didn't seem to great, because it's slow, a
little buggy, and it takes a whole lot of RAM.  I
decided to go old-school w/ the console utilities
(mutt, fetchmail, etc).  Here's the problem:  I can
receive mail with fetchmail (and read it w/ mutt), but
I *can't* send it.  I'm not sure how to set up exim
through a proxy (everything i tried didn't work).
Here's some info about my network:

-tux: this is my computer
-bowwow: computer with proxy server / modem (DSL)
-cmatheson: my user account
-cmatheson@bowwow: e-mail address I'm supposed to use
when setting up clients (worked w/ Mozilla)
-cmatheson3@yahoo.com: my real email address
-I'm supposed to use 'bowwow' as my POP and STMP
servers when setting up clients

exim doesn't even ask me what my POP and STMP servers
are.  Please help.

Thanks,
Cameron Matheson