[yoush@cs.msu.su: A question about Debain xdm package]

----- Forwarded message from "Nikita V. Youshchenko" <yoush@cs.msu.su> -----

From: Nikita V.Youshchenko <yoush@cs.msu.su>
To: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
Subject: A question about Debain xdm package
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 16:19:51 +0400

Hello, Branden

Many people in comp.windows.x.kde newsgroup report that when they start
terminal windows under their KDE sessions, they find that the variables
that are exported in their /etc/profile and ~/.bash_profile, are not set.

The problem is that when user logins with xdm (or some xdm replacement),
no login shell is run. Seems to be a bug.

Several distributoins are affected, including Debian.

It could be fixed by changing the first line in /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession from
#!/bin/sh
#!/bin/bash --login

Maybe this fix shoul go to the xdm package ?

----- End forwarded message -----

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    You can have my PGP passphrase when you
Debian GNU/Linux                |    pry it from my cold, dead brain.