Re: KDE

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 07:33:57PM -0300, Ted Gervais wrote:

> I was wondering how others are installing KDE with Debian. I select apt-get
> install kde,  and it can't find it.  Do I have to add a line to my
> /etc/apt/sources.list file?  Or, do I have to go and download the KDE files
> myself and manuallly install them?

Assuming you're using unstable or testing, you don't need anything extra
in your sources.list.  There just is no package called "kde".

If you want to get a crapload of kde stuff, then:

apt-get install task-kde

Otherwise, if you want to be more selective, "apt-get install kdebase"
should install the core KDE package with its dependencies, and from
there you can use "apt-cache search <whatever>" to search for the
package names of other progs to install.

Oh, BTW, if you plan on using Konqueror and want strong encryption, I
recommend installing the kdelibs3-crypto and kdebase-crypto packages too.

--
Tom
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not