Re: problems opening web sites in Netscape

Dale Miller wrote:

> I don't know what is happening. I try to go to site like www.inprise.com,
> www.rational.com and numerous others and they time out. I am using Netscape
> 4.76. I have noticed this for the last 2-3 months and more and more sites
> seem to be failing. I can ping the sites, but traceroute to them seems to
> fail. All these sites work fine in the same version under windows. I have
> two machines with the same syptoms. any ideas would be appreciated.

try it in lynx see if you get the same. ive been using netscape on linux
for a long time and have never experienced such problems. also check your
nameserver, a broken nameserver can screw up netscape pretty easily.

(btw both those sites loaded perfectly for me in a matter of 2-3 seconds)

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336