Re: Shutdown

Quoting D. Hoyem (youto_22554@yahoo.com):
> Same subject different question.  How do you shutdown
> your system if it is FROZE, Ctrl+Alt+Del, nor the
> system power button will not shut it down, the only
> way that I know is to turn off the power strip.  Is
> there another way?

That depends. If the X server freezes (more than likely),
then you should be able to login through the network or
a serial port and kill it. (The X server is, of course,
capturing all keystrokes.)

There's a trick to use a joystick to reboot (I think it's
in a HOWTO somewhere).

I use a keyboard trick at home where there's no permanent
network.

Cheers,