Re: Compaq Smart2 Array

Nathan Ollerenshaw wrote:

> Ok,
>
> the driver definately on there and the smart2 array controller is detected,
> but the debian installer doesn't find it after the keyboard configuration.
>
> It should be /dev/ida/c0d0 but opening an interactive shell and trying to
> find it, it's not there.
>
> Does anyone here have any experience with this?
>
> Nathan. (happily talking to himself ;)
>
> ---
> "There is more stupidity than hydrogen in
>  the universe, and it has a longer shelf
>  life." - Frank Zappa

Have you already configured the array?  I've only had to install NT on
Compaqs but before I even start installing the OS I have to configure
the array controller i.e. tell it which spindles should be used for each
of the logical drives, and what raid mode to use for each logical
drive.

The Smart Array configuration utility is on the Compaq SmartStart CD -
it's bootable.

HTH

LeeE