Re: Oracle, perl & DBI under debian

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 05:01:25PM +0000, Victor wrote:
> To use perl and DBI:oracle do I need to install
>
> perl and the DBI stuff for oracle from the DBI site only
>
> 			OR
>
> perl, the DBI stuff for oracle and A SERVER (PROPRIETARY) CLIENT FOR
> ORACLE?

I see that there's a
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/Oracle-HOWTO.txt.gz
on my potato system, but that might not be what you need.

from my perspective (jaundiced, spoiled and tainted, at the very
least) you <"[SHOULD]"> be able to get by with

	DBI.pm
	DBD::<oracle-something>.pm

at least that's how it works with postgresql (DBD::Pg.pm) and
mysql (DBD::mysql.pm)...

seems to me that with perl and the right DBD::*.pm, YOU are the
one creating the client.

i think.

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #20 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>