Re: OT: netfilter inquiry

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 06:29:36PM +0200, Peter Palmreuther wrote:
[...]
> I don't know if this is a really good idea. I'd rather test and try to break
> it down to the _real_ problem.
> Flushing the tables as 'iptables -F' does will be important one day you do not
> further think about you've deleted the line :-)
hehe i don't want that day to come so i've reinstated the flush line.

[...]
> INFO should be '6', you may want to have a look into
>
> /usr/include/sys/syslog.h
>
> What else could help is setting the level to 'INFO' rather than 'info' ...
> IIRC I've read something similar some time ago that lower case levels aren't
> recognized properly. Would you mind giving it a try and re-report in?

i tried "INFO" and still says ambiguous.  using the numerical "6" works.

so it's the line "$IPT -X firewall" that's causing that message to
appear.  it should as there's no chain by that name to start deleting
with.  i should have seen that.

thanks for all the help.

--
"GUIs normally make it simple to accomplish simple actions and impossible
to accomplish complex actions."   --Doug Gwyn  (22/Jun/91 in comp.unix.wizards)