Re: Unidentified subject!

"previously initialized" refers to including a line, such as the
following in /etc/fstab.

/dev/hda2  	/windows vfat
user,noauto,exec,umask=0,codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0

in the above, hda2 is appropriate to my machine. it may not be
appropriate to yours. use fdisk, and p from the menu options to see how
your hard drive partitions are allocated. in general, hda1 is the boot
partition. subsequently numbered partitions (hda#) are data partitions
on the first hard drive. partitions on the second drive are numbered
hdb#, etc.

fstab is read when the machine boots. prior to rebooting, to eventually
access files on the windows partition, create a directory named, in this
case, /windows, and to access data in that directory, first use the
command "mount /windows." then cd or ls, or whatever, to /windows to
access the root directory of that partition.

then, data on the windows partition can be read and written. this has
nothing to do with wine and has only to do with read/write access on the
windows partition; i.e. executable programs are not enabled but reading
and writing text is.