Re: Graphical SSH/SFTP client for KDE?

> > This there a good client for joined ssh/sftp sessions that runs under KDE
> > that Debian supports? I've searched through the listings that dselect
> > gives me and googled, but nothing leaps out. AxyFTP looks rather crude and
> > doesn't clearly say whether or not it supports SFTP, and kdessh doesn't
> > run on my computer for some reason. Basically what I'd like is a Linux
> > version of the Windows SSH client, which costs money but is provided free
> > by my university :-).
>
> gFTP definitely does sftp -- but not a joined ssh/sftp session (by which
> I take it to mean that you have a term at the bottom for an ssh shell
> when logged in for sftp?)

Thanks for naming this one to me. It does what I need, with one
exception--one of the hosts I want to connect to brings up the message
"The authenticity of ~hostname~ can't be established. DSA key fingerprint
is ~fingerprint~. Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?"
When ssh'ing on the console, I type yes and go through, but gFTP doesn't
seem to know how to do this. Is there a workaround?

> If you just need an ssh shell, fire up a console (konsole in KDE) and
> ssh to the server using 'ssh username@servername'; you can do this at
> the same time that you've got gftp up if you can't find another
> graphical FTP client that's SFTP capable.

Yeah, this is what I've been doing. It works well enough.

Jesse S. Bangs jaspax@u.washington.edu
http://students.washington.edu/jaspax/
http://students.washington.edu/jaspax/blog

Jesus asked them, "Who do you say that I am?"

And they answered, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground
of our being, the kerygma in which we find the ultimate meaning of our
interpersonal relationship."

And Jesus said, "What?"