Re: login as root to GUI

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 08:18:30AM -0500, ronin2@bellatlantic.net wrote:
> This isn't meant to be picking on you. But I've been considering this
> for a while.
>
> People shouldn't wrap lines at all in messages they send -- this is a
> hoary hold-over from the dark ages.
while you are using debian mailing lists, you shall comply with the list
rules: [from debian.org/Mailinglists]

Code of conduct
When using the Debian mailing lists, please follow these rules:
Do not send spam; see the advertising policy below.

*Send all of your e-mails in English. Only use other languages on mailing
lists where that is explicitely allowed (e.g. French on
debian-user-french).

*Make sure that you are using the proper list. In particular, don't send
user-related questions to developer-related mailing lists.

*Wrap your lines at 80 characters or less for ordinary discussion. Lines
longer than 80 characters are acceptable for computer-generated output
(e.g., ls -l).

*Do not send automated "out-of-office" or "vacation" messages.

*Do not send subscription or unsubscription requests to the list address
itself; use the respective -request address instead.

*Never send your messages in HTML; use plain text instead.

*Avoid sending large attachments.

*When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a carbon copy
(CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request to be copied.

*If you send messages to lists to which you are not subscribed, always
note that fact in the body of your message.

*Do not use foul language; besides, some people receive the lists via
packet radio, where swearing is illegal.

*Try not to flame; it is not polite.

hugh