Re: case insensitive find and grep

Am Sa, den 01.05.2004 schrieb Micha Feigin um 17:52:
> How can I do case insensitive file finding and grep? Both grep and find
> are case sensitive and writing the search as [fF][iI][lL][eE] is quite
> cumbersome.

From the man pages:
grep:
       -i, --ignore-case
              Ignore case distinctions in  both  the  PATTERN  and  the
	      input files.
find:
       -ilname pattern
              Like -lname, but the match is case insensitive.

       -iname pattern
              Like -name, but the match is case insensitive.  For
	      example, the patterns `fo*' and `F??' match  the  file
	      names  `Foo',  `FOO', `foo', `fOo', etc.

       -ipath pattern
              Like -path, but the match is case insensitive.

       -iregex pattern
              Like -regex, but the match is case insensitive.

joerg

--
\usepackage{brain}