Re: delete mbox mail from command line

Mark Gillingham wrote:
> I appreciate the example of using find with time parameters. It's true
> that my current setup is not Maildir. The documentation is not complete
> for barrendero,

I have not tried barrendero and know nothing more about it then what I
read from the documentation.

> but after attempting to use the stable version, I think it requires
> Maildir too. Please tell me that I'm wrong.

I have no idea.

> Can I set Postfix to use Maildir for local mail and also transport
> external mail properly--I have a transport map that works, but I'm
> not expert at setting it.

Yes postfix can do that.  But the best thing is to use procmail for
that purpose.  Then you can use procmail for many additional things.
Postfix delivers to the local mail deliver agent (procmail) which puts
it into whatever folder type you like.

  mkdir -p ~/Mail/Maildir/{cur,new,tmp}

Then put this in ~/.procmailrc file:

  MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail

  :0
  $MAILDIR/Maildir/

Then put this in ~/.forward file:

  "|IFS=' ';exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #yourloginnamehere"

All mail will be delivered to procmail will be filed into the maildir.
You can use mutt or other mailers to read from there.

That last depends upon what you have set for your postfix
mailbox_command command.  Many people set it to procmail which turns
off the forward file capability but turns on sending to procmail
without it.

  postconf mailbox_command

In your ~/.muttrc file:

  set spoolfile="~/Mail/Maildir"