Re: questions on installation CDs

On Monday 31 January 2005 10:54, Leonardo Francalanci wrote:
> >>2) Where can I download the non-US variant of the "testing" distribution
> >>(using jigdo or fetching the whole CD)?
> >
> > That is a question indicating you know nothing about debian. Do not worry
> > for now, just install debian, enjoy and learn it.
>
> Could you explain a little bit why my question was so "stupid"?

Very simply, when you have installed the very basic debian system, and
provided you have a connection to the internet, the system can update itself
to whichever flavor of debian you want.  It is just a question of changing
the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list to point to exactly which servers and
distribution you want and doing

apt-get dist-upgrade

In fact, the quickest way to get set up is just download the net-install CD (I
think its about 110MB), install from there, and then complete the
installation from the network.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk