setting up ldap authentication and central /home

Hi,

I have a server running woody, that does most serverside stuff, like
imap email, ldap address book, web, etc. I replicate user accounts to
other machines on my network.

I'd like to set up ldap authentication of the server and mount home
directories from the server to workstations.

Can someone point me to a good resource covering the transition from
what I have now to the more centralised ldap authentication system with
remote /home?

As an aside, what are the options for laptops that are sometimes on the
network and sometimes not? Is there any compromise or do you just leave
things alone on the laptop?

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a