Re: sarge installation with kernel 2.6.8

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 05:49:55PM -0500, Ray Kong wrote:
> I came back the latest office sarge netinstall cd image today, tried to
> install kernel 2.6 in the very beginning. In both linux26 and expert26
> mode, the cdrom cannot be detected.

You don't need to use linux26 or expert26 mode to install a 2.6 kernel.
These just choose the kernel that the installer will run with.  Install
with a 2.4 kernel and then upgrade to a 2.6 one using apt-get or
aptitude or whatever.  I recommend to use grub rather than lilo, it's
easier to install new kernels.