Re: Why Grub? Must I Switch?

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Lech Karol [iso-8859-2] Paw³aszek wrote:

> Dnia poniedzia³ek, 7 lutego 2005 21:42, Bill Carlson napisa³:
> > On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Pigeon wrote:
> > > On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 10:57:30PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> >
> > Does grub have functionality similiar to lilo's "lilo -R <kernel>" yet?
> >
> Well... sure it has. just look at grub-reboot script. it reboot's you into
> specified entry in menu.lst (menu.lst is a similar thing to lilo.conf) ONCE.
> and after this reboot, everything goes back to normal.

>From this discussion, I'll assume grub does not support the feature:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/2004-06/msg00107.html

Draw your own conclusions. If the grub-reboot script is the same as
discussed, I'll pass, thanks.

LILO is my friend and I'd like to keep it that way.

Bill Carlson
--
Systems Administrator    wcarlson@vh.org      | Anything is possible,
Virtual Hospital      http://www.vh.org/      | given time and money.