Re: apt-proxy: how to make update?

JEMF wrote:
Hello!

My apt-proxy (on Sarge) don't update packages list automatically. How to
make this?

My /etc/apt-proxy/apt-proxy-v2.conf have:

min_refresh_delay = 1h

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by automatically update the package list.
apt-proxy waits for a request, checks if it can fulfill it, and
if not it goes out to one of your mirrors.  The min_refresh_delay
parameter indicates the minimum interval between refreshes of the
package listing.  For example, if you and I both have machines
pointed to an apt-proxy and you update and dist-upgrade at 1200,
and I come along and update at 1230, it will provide me the local
copy of the package listing.  If update instead at 1330, it will
go out and get a new package listing.  If you want it to update
automatically and always be fast for you, then set your
min_refresh_delay to something like 23h and then set a cron job
to run everyday at 0300 (or some other time in the middle of the
night) that runs apt-get upgrade for you.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr