Re: aptitude synaptic gnome to be removed?

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 20:14, Bill Wohler <wohler@newt.com>
(<[🔎] 3298.1120616042@olgas.newt.com>) wrote:

> It just occurred to me that using the U command from within the aptitude
> UI does the same thing as dist-upgrade.

>From the "aptitude user's guide":

  Actions->Mark Upgradable (U) flags every package which can be upgraded
  for upgrade, except for packages that are held back or would be upgraded
  to a forbidden version.

> True?

Sounds like it (but I've never tried it).

> Neither the aptitude online help nor the manual provided light.

Install the aptitude-doc-en package if you don't have it.