Re: Prelinking

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 11:35:06AM +0000, Florian Dorpmueller wrote:
> Until yet I haven?t found any negative consequences. If you don?t want
> to use it any longer you can simply remove it without fearings. BTW:
> The best performance gain I got with oooprelink which made the
> starting process of openoffice very fast.

I've just tested and oowriter took 16.352 real secs prior to running
oooprelink. After running it (adjusting
/etc/openoffice/settings.debconf), it took 5.188 real secs. I expect
that disk caching has played a big part there though. I shall try it
again later on, when the caches have had other things run through them.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/