Re: sd_mod....please...

On Saturday 28 January 2006 15:38, Eva-Lena Olsén wrote:
> hi!
> can someone please help us with this issue? :
>
> we have installed debian 3.1 on two machines without any problems at all,
> and it works perfect.
> But we have a computer that today runs suse 10 and now we would like to
> run debian on that too.
> The annoying : ...." loading module sd_mod for 'scsi disk support' "
> stops the process at 91%, and nothing happens in the beginning of the
> installation. Why?
different order in which you load the modules related to SATA.  I remember
having some similar trouble, but I'm afraid I can't recall the solution
now.  But I know it had something to do with module load order.

> The machine is an amd 3200 barton on a asus a7n8x mboard and has 3x512
> ram memory, 8 hard drives (ide and s-ata), four 5.25 units: 1 dvdrom, 2
> cdburners and 1 dvdburner.
>
> we hope that u can help us with this, and hope that this is the right
> place to ask.
> Thanks in advance

Is the SATA driver built into the motherboard?  What's the SATA chipset?
You may want to google around and see how well that chip set is supported.

Sorry I can't give more specific help.

Justin Guerin