Re: debmirror can't find public key to validate Release files

Hans Ekbrand wrote:

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 04:50:47PM -0500, Daniel B. wrote:

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 11:10:56AM -0500, Daniel B. wrote:
I can't tell if I deleted a key I had before (in purging and/or
re-installing some things I shouldn't have) or if upgrading debmirror
got me a version that now checks against a key I never had in the first
place.

What can I do to get debmirror working again?
apt-get install debian-archive-keyring ??

Nope, that doesnt work.  (There's no such package in Sarge
or the Sarge security updates (unless my mirror is broken).)

What else?

get debmirror from sarge manually (not apt-get). install with dpkg.

Huh?  I already have debmirror from sarge (debmirror version 200502027).
That's the version of debmirror that is complaining about the lack of
a public key.

Did you mean to download something else from Sarge?

Or did you mean to download debian-archive-keyring from something
other than Sarge?

Or something else?  (Is debian-keyring (in sarge) the old name
of the debian-archive-keyring that was referred to about, or is it
something else?)

Daniel