Re: package manager question

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 01:05:50AM +0000, Fabiana Jorge wrote:
>    hmm... I see. So for example, I wanted to install x-window-system, and as
>    I don't have a printer I wouldn't need  xlibprint and xlibprint-common
>    (something like that). If it's not "safe" to remove those packages after
>    the installation, is there a way not to install them?
>    Thank you all for your time.

The only way I can think of is to look at the dependencies of
x-window-system, make a list of what you need, and install them. Or,
as you have said, get x-window-system, and safely remove
xlibprint-common etc. You will be told that x-window-system is also
being removed, but that is all right, as it is only a `meta' package,
which has some dependencies which pull in X but not much in terms of X
software which get removed when you remove it...

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,
462, Jamuna Hostel,