Re: Backing up Windows using rsync

TAC Forums wrote:
Hi

We just got a new requirement: To automated the backup of the all the data on the network with the option of being able to retrieve/restore a file upto any 7 days.

[snip]

This would mean I'd need the Debian server storage capacity would need to be at least 200 GB x 7 = 1.4 TB.

Question: Is there a better way to do what I'm doing? And is there already a piece of software that exists on the NET that does what I'm doing better and I should trying to re-invent the wheel? :-)

You might try this strategy. It requires (usually) only a little more
than 2x storage space.

http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.