Re: utf-8 and gnuplot

Hi Matthias,

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 08:55:23PM +0000, Matthias Pfeifer wrote:
> [...] i stumbled over a file in the web that was
> explaining a little. this might help you to:
>
> http://melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk/~garabik/debian-utf8/howto.html

Thanks for the link. I think that this page is the same that
I have found some months ago. I followed the instructions
and everything (except gnuplot) is working fine in graphical
mode. However, I didn't patch the kernel and didn't
installed the fonts to get the console working. I simply
stopped using the text mode, and now I'm always running the
X server. All software with text user interface is ok under
uxterm. All gtk/gnome and qt/kde applications also are ok.

> Event though gnuplot is not mentioned. There is a note about an utf-8
> enabled version of xterm which you might give a try. ("uxterm")

Yes, uxterm is my preffered terminal emulator.

I'm going to write to debian-science. Perhaps someone there
have experienced problems with gnuplot.

> Me is currently moving to utf-8 and not doing too well, too.

What problems are you having?

Thanks for your reply,

--
Jakson A. Aquino