Re: kudos to authors of kompose

kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
Luis Finotti wrote:
Thanks for the info. It seems nice and it's a good idea, but it made the desktop switching a bit too slow... (...)

Only when kompose is launched for the first time, it takes some time create the screenshots. The second time onwards it is very much instantaneous. I am using it on a P4 2.8 GHz, 1GB Ram.

Which version of KDE are you using? I am using 3.5.2 from unstable.

Thanks for the reply! I'm using KDE 3.3.2 from Sarge... For me, the borders of the windows show up first, and then the content appears a bit later (when switching desktops). When I close kompose and change desktops with the keyboard shortcuts, the windows appear much faster. (Even if I use the shortcuts with kompose running instead of kompose itself, I still have the problem.)

It seems that out computers should be similar, though. Maybe is my old video card... Or KDE/Kompose versions?

Thanks for the reply!

Luis