Re: Unable to write reliably CD-RW's!

G.C.H.M. Verhaag wrote:
Debian users,

Thanks for all the advice, but unfortunately it didn't help much, sorry! I'm slightly disappointed that such a basic tool, like burning CD's, with Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 Sarge rev0a (kernel 2.4.27)is so impenetrable. The Lite-on LTR-24102B has been tested on a Windows-XP machine and it worked perfectly!

Are you using previously written CDROMs? There is apparently a problem
with erasure of previously recorded CDROMs and cdrecord, which I saw
discussed on Fedora Core List. IIRC, cdrecord allows one to erase and
do some writing with on command, but this fails. If one does the erase
command separately, then it succeeds. If this sounds like it might
be part of the problem, then I suggest trying a writable but not
R/W and trying that.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.