Re: source code editor

On Thursday 01 June 2006 07:37, Angel L. Mateo wrote:
> El jue, 01-06-2006 a las 10:12 +0200, Ivan Glushkov escribió:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to know which is the best & lightest editor for source code
> > editing, which supports syntax highlighting. Currently when I want to
> > edit fast some C/C++ file I am opening it with pico. I looked around,
> > but it seems like it does not support syntax highlighting.
>
> 	Have you tried vi?

If you are learning a new editor, learn vim instead of vi. vim is
basically 'vi iMproved'. It is a very nice, powerful and not bloated editor.
It has syntax highlighting, folding, ctags support, compile/edit/run support
within vim and a lot more.

On consoles you can use vim. For graphical environments you can use gvim.

If you are serious about programming, move away from editors like pico. Use
programming editors like vim, emacs etc., They save you a lot of time in the
long run.

raju

--
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/cornell-bazaar