Re: (OT) Prejudice against sendmail?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> the most annoying parts are accept-then-bounce behaviour

    This is a serious flaw, IMHO.  I had to deal with a qmail system in a
production environment.  A few dozen domains hosted on a single box times a
few dozen boxes.  Because of the mail policies of the administrators as well
as qmail's braindead behavior those boxes were constantly trying to send
several dozen thousand illegitimate and undeliverable bounces 24/7.  Yes,
several dozen thousand.  One box had 50,000 in the queue.  All because there
could not be a simple and accurate method to refuse mail at SMTP time that
would result in an acceptably low rate of false-positives.