Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Not sure what refernces to Chile, El Salvador or Nicaragua you are
> making.  Grenada was already covered.  Panama was under US protection
> until Jimmy Carter gave away the canal.

Let me refresh your memory
Chile: Pinochet, forcibly got power with US assistance, after a
communist (Allende) won the elections.
El Salvador: US supports Junta against communists. Under the Junta
control there were many political killings, one of the More famous
Archbishop Romero
Nicaragua: Again support to anti-communist groups.

You can safely add to this list Argentina, Colombia and pretty much all
of Latin and South America. If it was successful I leave to you.

Sjoerd