Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 22:03:45 -0500, Roberto wrote in message
<[🔎] 20070307030345.GD27399@santiago.connexer.com>:

> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 04:43:06PM -1000, Al Eridani wrote:
> > On 3/4/07, Freddy Freeloader <fredddy@cableone.net> wrote:
> >
> > >What does your personal internal paradigm have to do with how we
> > >Americans think our government should act, and what we perceive to
> > >be the best form of government for ourselves?
> >
> > So you are saying that only you, gold citizens of the almighty US,

..die Bush-isten sind nicht die neuen Herrmänchen?  ;o)
Wie aus "der Untergang" werden nicht die Bush-isten "Sie Nicht!"
in dem Bunker hören, sie werden aber "Es war nicht für Amerika"
resiegniert mutteren.  ;o)

> > has the right to express an opinion. Because I don't see you
> > chastise other US posters when they express their opinions of other
> > countries.
> >
> No.  Just that a foreigner's opinion carries little or no weight in
> how a country operates or governs itself.
>
> > You seem to have a very thin skin for these dabates. And you seem to
> > think that this is your toy, for you to play as you wish while the
> > others must conform to your rules.
> >
> You should read more of Freddy's postings.  He is far from thin
> skinned.
>
> > >That's about as irrelevant
> > >as me telling you how Sweden should be run.
> >
> > Not at all. What the rest of the world wants is less interference
> > from the US.
>
> Great, and the US wants less interference from the rest of world,
> primarily Islamic extremists.
>
> > As far I can see, Sweden does not interfere with what happens
> > in other places,
>
> Really?  Sweden is a member of NATO

..errr, no.  they are Neutral. ;o)

> and the UN.  Sweden also sent
> troops to Afghanistan.  Under your definition, that constitutes
> interference. I mean, heck, why would Sweden send troops to
> Afghanistan if they weren't even attacked?

..as EU members?  The EU has its own (token) military force,
but I am not aware of any Swedish troops in Afghanistan.

> > but the US does it all the time with deadly
> > consequences, currently in Iraq and Afghanistan.
> >
> War is a bloody business.  It is unfortunate.  What alternate
> solutions would you propose?

..peace.  First we need to hang all our war criminals, then they have
to hang theirs, all under the strictest combination of Sharia, the full
4 Geneva Conventions, the US War Crimes Act, the Norw. Military
penal code etc.
Or, you will have to _forgive_ Osama for felling the WTC.  ;o)
Thenafter we can make peace last by moving the Jews out of the
Middle East to whereever they please to go, or watch Hezbollah 'n
Hamas mow 'em.

..the root cause of this war is not that "the Jews got a home land",
but that we (the UN) stole it from the Filistinians and renamed it
to "Palestine" and let Hitler gas the Jews to scare them "home", to
piiage Arab oil and stall Muslim Capitalism.

..we need to fix that, _if_ we want peace.  If we don't, there is
absolutely _no_ way you can convince me, "the Muslims does
not need nukes."

--
..med vennlig hilsen = with Kind Regards from Arnt...
  Scenarios always come in sets of three: