Re: Preferred Backup Method?

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 09:17:15AM -0800, David Brodbeck wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2007, at 6:52 AM, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> >Please don't call this the "Usual Python error recovery problems".
> >Python allows you to trap all the errors it could discover.  You just
> >have to wrap everything in a try block.  So if you're getting error
> >messages in a stack trace, then call it a bug.
>
> Fair enough.  It's just that probably 90% of the Python software I've
> used has had this bug, so I came to assume it was inherent with that
> programming language.

Yeah, I know.  I have most problems with GUI apps written in python.  So
many potential errors and people don't trap.  It comes down to the
programmer's philosophy.  They don't do trys and decision trees to get
it to run faster.  OTOH, I try to write bomb-proff software.  If I want
it to run faster, I rewrite it in Ada, which makes it fairly easy to
write safer software.

Doug.