Broadcom NetExtreme BCM5722KFB1G and Debian Etch AMD64

I have a Dell server with 2 network controllers with a Broadcom
BCM5722KFB1G - chip (1 x onboard, 1 x PCI-E).
Unfortunately Debian Etch AMD64 does not recognize them.

Somebody did post a workaround on this website:

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/freebsd-bugs/2008/1/18/581834

With this workaround these NICs should work with the original drivers that
shipped with Debian Etch. But unfortunately I can't find the specified
file.
(/usr/src/sys/dev/bge)
The lines with the + at their beginning should be added to the original
file.
Is there anybody who has a hint for me?

As an alternative the Linux-tg3 driver could get compilied by myself:
Dell offers the source code for the driver in their download area (v tg3-
3.81c):
http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/Bcom_LAN_11.0_4.1_Linux_Source_A00.tar.gz

The according driver source code on the Broadcom website is even a little
bit newer (v tg3-3.85l):
http://www.broadcom.com/docs/driver_download/570x/linux-3.85l.zip

But unfortunately something seems to be wrong with the MAKEFILE .
make does not work:

server-deb: tmp/tg3-381C# make
make -C SUBDIRS= tmp/tg3-381C modules
make *** SUBDIRS= tmp/tg3-381C: File or folder not found.
Stop.
make: ***[default] Error 2

Any suggestions? Any tips for compiling the driver?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas