newpki-client unable to logon in lenny

Does anyone use newpki on debian testing?
It works OK in etch, but when I try to use newpki-client (on lenny)
against newpki-server (on etch), I am unable to log in using
previously generated pkcs12.
Same pkcs12 works ( even now, and has been working all the time) ok on
newpki-client running on etch. Is there some well known
incompatibility or am I missing something?
Also not working, newpki-client (ubuntu 8.04) against same newpki-server (etch).
I would also appreciate some info on how to export existing CA's keys
from new-pki server, so I can move on using something different, like
tinyCA if this problem persist.