Re: Video Adapter intel965

On 06/07/2008 09:10 AM, Сергей Овчар wrote:
 In Etch the Intel i965 video controller is not supported
 yet, but may be supported in Lenny.  If it is supported it is probably
 in package xserver-xorg-video-i810.
Uhm.

Is this a different i965 card I don't realise? It's in the
xserver-xorg-video-intel driver. The manpage for the intel driver
lists: 965G, 965GM, and 945GME. Are none of these the particular 965
at hand here?

I have installed xserver-xorg-video-intel package. PLEASE, anybody, tell me how can I get more questions from dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg? It asks me ONLY about keyboard, keymap and toggle between languages. After this, it stops, and generate new config

You probably can't more questions out of dpkg-reconfigure. I discovered that recently when I installed Ubuntu 8.04 and needed to create some modifications to my Xorg configuration.

If you're lucky, you'll have a xorg.conf from some other source to use as a reference. Otherwise, you'll have to read "man xorg.conf" and vote/comment on the lack of configuration ability in the appropriate bug databases for dpkg-reconfigure and Xorg.

PS.
If you can't configure it, it's a bug. If the software thinks it knows more about what you want than you do, it's Windows.