Re: Midnight commander

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 08:09:15PM -0500, Frank McCormick wrote:
> What's the best terminal for running Midnight Commander...it seems all
> the ones I try ( rxvt, aterm) can't handle the acsii drawing characters
> so the display is wierd.

I use mc -sd in mrxvt with my non-locales box (LANG=C).

-s tells mc not to waste time with expensive line-drawing commands.  It
looks the same to me.

Here's my .mrxvtrc

Mrxvt.xft:	true
Mrxvt.xftAntialias:	true
Mrxvt.xftAutoHint:	true
#Mrxvt.xftFont:		bitstream vera sans mono
Mrxvt.xftFont:		dejavu sans mono
Mrxvt.xftWeight:	medium
Mrxvt.xftWidth:		normal
Mrxvt.xftSize:		12
Mrxvt.background:	#F6E7CF
Mrxvt.showMenu:		true

Perhaps it depends on what font you're using, if it contains the
necessary chars.

Doug.