Re: Gnome Shell

Claudius Hubig wrote:

> JoeHill <joehill@teksavvy.com> wrote:
> >
> >Hey there all,
> >
> >Was just doing some reading on the future of Gnome, and I thought I would try
> >building it.
> >
> >When I run the build script, however, I'm told I need xulrunner-1.9-dev.
> >When I look for that package, I can see xulrunner-1.9 and xulrunner-dev, but
> >no xulrunner-1.9-dev.
> >
> >Anyone else try this out?
>
> Yes, I had the same problem. Just removing "xulrunner-1.9-dev" (and
> the associated spaces) from the script worked well for me,

Ah, okay, I forgot that not every distro uses the same package names. Thanks
for the tip!

> thouhg I think I'll stick with the normal panels for a while, I love my
> applets! =)

Agreed! I've got Notes, Dict, clipboard, weather, and system monitors. Right now
I'm not even using Gnome as a desktop, I prefer XFCE. But this whole Gnome Shell
thing could change that. I already use Gnome-do instead of the xfce menu and
launchers.

> Greetings,
>
> Claudius
> --
> Why bother building any more nuclear warheads until we use the ones we have?

lol