Konqueror spawning multiple copies from Kmail

Hello

Is it just me, or have others noticed that when a link is followed from within Kmail, konqueror is spawned repeatedly and then finally crashes, only to restart and crash, seemingly ad infinitum? This happened regardless of whether I logged into Gnome, KDE or Xfce4 - the panel would become filled with icons of klauncher trying to open the link in konqueror. Unfortunately, attempting to set the system default browser to open the Kmail links didn't work. It kept on invoking klauncher for konqueror. The only work around at this point seems to be to copy and paste the URL into Opera or Iceweasel.

Anyone else noticing this?

AG