Re: Removing the indent-string quote marker '>' in emails.

On 2010-01-03 at 10:44:12 -0500, T o n g wrote:
> Blame the WYGIWYS/html mailer!
>
> They are the actual reason why the indenting instead of nested '>'s. If
> you ever use those mailer following discussions, you will remember those
> grey vertical bars at the beginning of the lines indicating the indent
> levels -- The stupid M$ is again trying to be "smart" and "helpful" here
> -- you get "nice" visual clue. But!, when you copy them into pure text,
> the above is exactly what you got. I just hate it.

So it's a technical problem that needs a social solution!  :-)
(i.e. Don't use e-mail clients which behave as described above.)

But there will always be newbies who don't understand proper
listserv protocol that need to be educated.  Try to be patient
with them.  You were new once too.  So was I.  I had to be
trained, for example, not to CC people unless they specifically
requested it.