Re: Masquerading problems: squeeze via lenny

Hi,

You already solved this problem but ...  But this explain where is the
disconnect.

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 12:19:09AM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mon,04.Jan.10, 16:32:42, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 07:45:07PM +0100, Marc Schröder wrote:
> > > its better to setup a propper mtu size on the gateway. then all
> > > clients behind will work without extra modifications.
> >
> > Yes, if the problem is caused by a gateway you control, this is the root
> > cause fix.
> >
> > This is done, as I understand, via iptables.  Read manpage of iptable
> > under TCPMSS.  It is described there.
>
> I set
>
> mtu 1454

Agh... That was not meant for action... no wonder

> on the gateway in /etc/ppp/peers/provider and ifconfig ppp0 correctly
> shows the new setting, but no change. Thanks for the hint though.

mtu is restricted by mss clamping as gateway PC as you were successful
root cause fix.  TCPMSS talks about it.

mtu setting is for client PC as a quick workaround.

Osamu