Re: Re(2): Reading files from a diskette from an old MacOS.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011, PETER EASTHOPE wrote:

!!WARNING WARNING!!  I made a mistake in the above.  That should have
been:
  dd if=/dev/fd0 of=fd.image.raw bs=8k

Right oh.  I probably won't have the diskettes until next
week and will mount -o ro and will be careful about if and of.

[And if the OpenVPN tunnel is working will be able to put
the in-reply-to line in a reply.]

Thanks for the several good ideas,           ... Peter E.

Also: You can set the physical write protect switch in the diskette
corner to prevent accidental writes. You know, the hole in the corner
should not be covered, in case you don't recall...

greetings

--
peter koellner <peter@asgalon.net>