Re: A Debian -offtopic mailing list: to be or not to be

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 04:10:01AM EST, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Lu, 28 feb 11, 22:47:17, Chris Jones wrote:

> > So what do I do..? recommend we continue our heated discussion on
> > the OT mailing list..? too bad.. she's not subscribed to D-OT .. and
> > given the circumstances and our disagreement.. no way she's going to
> > go through all the trouble of subscribing..
>
> That shouldn't be a problem, the list is setup as close as possible[1]
> to debian-user: posting open, no reply-to munging, etc. so all you
> would need to do to move a discussion is reply-to-all and replace d-u
> with d-OT.

Well, I did just that about two hours ago.. hit ‘g’ reply-to-group,
which is the closest to reply-all I could find.. and changed d-u to
d-ot.. and all I got was something in my inbox to the effect that my
message was undeliverable.. So depending on your mailer, I'm skeptical
things are that simple.

In any case.. even if the above had worked.. it would only have posted
my particular post to d-OT.. what about the previous OT messages that
were initially posted to D-U and would be essential :-) to anyone
catching up understanding what I am talking about..? And how does it
guarantee that whoever takes a fancy to the OT thread while reading
debian-user would post to debian-OT.. rather than follow the simplest
course of action and post to debian-user..?

cj