Re: counter strike

On the 03/03/2011 10:53, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 10:11:50AM +0100, Alex PADOLY wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to know How I can play to counter strike on Debian 6.0.
>
> That requires wine nit Squeeze ships with wine 1.0 and according to
> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3731
> wine 1.3 has improved it a lot. So you've to compile that from source
> for now.
>
> Sven

Hello, I am not familiar with "counter strike", but you can find the
latest wine in a repository for Debian, follow instruction from

http://www.winehq.org/download/deblenny

You'll find instructions for Squeeze too. This packages are NOT from
Debian, you'll have to trust the wine guys to not trash your system.

The same website hosts an applications database with their level of
support in wine, quirks necessary to get it running, and so on.

http://appdb.winehq.org/