Re: Squeeze update hplip

On 07/02/2012 09:40 PM, Mark Panen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My HP multi function printer prints fine but xsane opens with an error
> "no devices found"
>
> hplip 3.10.6-2+squeeze1 is installed, i need 3.11
>
> How can i get the 3.11 package, tried wheezy sources but dependency
> nightmare.
>
> Nothing in backports.
>
> Afraid to try HP's way on there web site as i have already installed
> cups etc.

I don't know enough about your configuration to do more than make a
suggestion that might not be on target for you.

I have found that installing HP multi-function printers through CUPS
only makes the printer work. To get printing / scanning / faxing to work
one always (?) has to use the hp-setup program.

It has to be run as root, and you'll need to read the man page on it.
I'm pretty sure it's installed with hplip so it should already be on
your system. If you try it you'll want to use its interactive mode.

I notice that just about every time CUPS is upgraded, it breaks my
scanning. I just use the CUPS admin page to remove the printer then run
hp-setup again, and xsane and the printer start working again.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, just ignore me.

Good fortune to you!
the worrier