Re: alsa, jack output issue

2013/2/4 dAgeCKo <dagecko@free.fr>
Le 04/02/2013 15:13, Raffaele Morelli a écrit :

you are plugging your guitar directly into the sound card right?...
  there's really no use in 96Khz, switch to 48Khz and choose a low
latency settings instead beacuse 10.7ms latency is very ugly in your case.

I plug my guitar into an effect pedal (Zoom G1XN Ext) which in turns is plugged into a tube pre-amp (ART Tube MP), which is then plugged into my sound card.

Anyway, changing the frequency does not impact a lot on the latency, and even, a higher frequency gives me a better latency :)

...well IMHO 10.7ms latency is a mess when you hit the guitar string

just for the sake of knowledge, 48Khz - 2 periods/buffer:
128 frames/period -> latency 5.33
64 frames/period -> latency 2.67

-r