Re: Upgraded to latest Testing and Networking Stopped

Am 07.02.2013 07:49, schrieb Bob Proulx:
>> # The primary network interface
>> #allow-hotplug eth0
>> NetworkManager#iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
> That looks like a comment error.  The NetworkManager package replaces
> (replaced?) "iface eth0 inet dhcp" with "#NetworkManager#iface eth0
> inet dhcp" but in your case that seems to have been munged.

Correct, the /e/n/i mangler (ifblacklist_migrate.sh script) in
network-manager is history[1].
The debian-installer for 7.0 (needs RC1 or newer) will create proper NM
configuration, so this is no longer necessary.
I'm glad that this ugly script could be dropped.
I was considering trying to clean up the mangled /e/n/i on upgrades. But
then I decided against it, as it probably causes more harm then good
and. If you have such a (broken) /e/n/i config and you haven't noticed
by now, it probably doesn't affect you anyway.
It's best to manually clean that up.

Michael

[1]
http://packages.qa.debian.org/n/network-manager/news/20130129T033306Z.html