Re: No aptitude download.

On Sun, February 10, 2013 2:27 am, Weaver wrote:

> On Sun, February 10, 2013 1:51 am, Weaver wrote:

>>> What is the output from apt-get update, and apt-get upgrade, wrap it in
>>> typescript if you want, but please include all info.
>>>
>>> plus:
>>> cat /etc/apt/sources.list
>>>
>>> and
>>> ls -al /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
>>
>> Hello Chris,
>>
>> The situation seems to have rectified itself.
>>
>> I remember it happening before, about six months or so ago.
>>
>> It's almost as if a change in distribution has snuck up on me unawares.
>> The vast majority of "installed packages" gets dumped into "Obsolete and
>> Locally Created Packages".
>>
>> I hang on patiently for a couple of days and the situation rights
>> itself.
>> I just thoughtn I would write in about it this time.
>>
>> I'll see if there's anything in the logs and get back, but, as I say,
>> the
>> situation has righted itself.
>
> No. Nothing I could see.
> I suspect a multi-function disfunction with a broken motherboard supplying
> the inability to connect intermittently, but have no explanation for the
> rest.
>
> Building a new 64 bit box now.
> Just waiting for the RAM.
>
> If it happens again, I'll be on top of it with some variables removed.

As it is, all of this looks normal:

"root@Telaman:/home/weaver/Documents# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
#

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.5 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1
20120512-13:45]/ squeeze main

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.5 _Squeeze_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1
20120512-13:45]/ squeeze main

deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
#deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main non-free contrib

deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org sid main non-free

#deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free

# squeeze-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
#deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib
non-free

root@Telaman:/home/weaver/Documents# cd
root@Telaman:~# ls -al /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 16  2011 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Dec 17 22:20 ..
root@Telaman:~#"

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515