Wake on lan with RTL8111/8168B

Hello,

I have an ASUS P8Z77-M motherboard with an onboard RTL8111/8168B network
card. I want to enable wake on lan for this card. Wake on lan itself is
workg when I call

wakeonlan <mac address>

from another machine, but when I shutdown the computer, the system powers
down and about 5 seconds later it powers up again without any sending of
magic packets. The effective result is therefore a reboot and not the
wished power down.

I wonder if anyone had the same problem?

I am running Wheezy. The problem occours with kernels 3.2, 3.7 (from
experimental) and vanilla 3.8-rc6, both with the native r8169 and Realtek
provided r8168. I also tried to call

ethtool -s eth0 wol g

and / or

pci-config -B 3 -# 1 -S
(as described in http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/01/msg00241.html)

before every shutdown. I also tried combinations

ethtool -s eth0 wol ug
ethtool -s eth0 wol mg
ethtool -s eth0 wol bg
ethtool -s eth0 wol mug etc

as described in wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wake-on-LAN, with no
improvement.

Any hint will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Joao Luis.